Stainless Steel Furniture Care
CLICK HERE TO SHOP FOR STAINLESS STEEL FURNITURE
Cleaning Stainless Steel
Cleaning your stainless steel outdoor furniture is relatively easy; Design Warehouse manufactures furniture that require less maintenance than our competitors who use lower grade materials. Harsher climates, (like near the beach, or where it stays wet year round), will require that you pay attention to your furniture to prevent the elements from affecting the pieces negatively. With regular maintenance, you should easily be able to retain the beauty of your stainless steel outdoor furniture. 316 Stainless is resistant to rust, but without care it can show signs of tea staining. A moderate wipe down with a good quality microfiber towel will remove this minimal oxidation. If you find yourself needing a bit more aggressive cleaning, you should keep the following in mind:
- DO NOT use bleaches, chloride based cleaners or cleaning products with abrasives in them.
- DO USE ph neutral soaps with fresh water and a soft cloth.
- Harsher environments will require more attention to detail and more frequent checks to keep the stainless steel looking great (like those with salt air).
- Rinse any cleaning product off, with clear fresh water (unless specific directions state otherwise).
- Wipe all water off, with a clean, dry, soft cloth
Customers might consider using 3M Stainless steel cleaners when doing routine cleaning (usually every 6-12 months depending on environment). 3M stainless steel cleaner can be used to remove fingerprints and for regular maintenance cleaning. 3M Scotchbrite® pads can be used to brighten the stainless steel, followed by an application of 3M stainless steel cleaner. The 316 grade stainless steel offered by Design Warehouse has the highest quality, excellent weather resistance characteristics and stunning good looks. We are proud to offer you such high quality materials like marine grade stainless steel.